Friday, July 2, 2010

Mickey D's Gets Threatened with Suit


McDonald’s was threatened by “The Center for Science in the Public Interest” for handing out toys in their happy meals … the company likens McDonalds to a child molester handing candy out at a play ground. The company claims that “using toys to entice children instills bad eating habits and puts kids at higher risk of developing obesity…”.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/06/22/news/companies/CSPI_sues_McDonalds/index.htm

Here’s one for you … if you don’t want your kid to be overweight … get them off the couch and outside playing a game or heaven forbid, mow the lawn! I don’t remember many overweight kids growing up because we were always moving … not sitting on their butts playing video games all day. There wasn’t a summer day when I was a kid that we weren’t outside -

Kids today are lazy, selfish, and think that they know it all. When I was 12 – if I did something wrong, I knew I‘d get the belt on my bottom … not a “time out”. As a new parent, I am worried for my daughter. What will this society teach her? That it’s ok to not be responsible for your own actions? That when something doesn’t go YOUR way, you just file a lawsuit? I read an article recently about the most “needed” professionals in America and lawyer was in the top 10. Seriously? Why? The answer – because everyone wants the easy button. Staples commercials are hilarious – push a button and everything is better. That is unfortunately what the liberal Nazis of this country believe they should have the “RIGHT” to do. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say anyone has the right to prevent another person from receiving a toy with their Happy Meal! Aren’t there better things that we should be figuring out with our nation, like feeding the starving children, improving our education, reducing the nations dependency on foreign markets, or locking up predatory sex offenders for life?

This world is coming to an end if my child will not have the RIGHTS to get a toy with her chicken nuggets!

Bald Guy Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment